A collection of eBooks, tips and guides to help in your approach to talent management
We’re committed to sharing our talent management articles, experience and thinking to help advance more effective talent management practices – and part of this is this Resources page.
You’ll find here access to eBooks, articles and tools as well as case studies.
And, when you’re not sure of a talent management related word that you read about, then check out our jargon-busting list of Talent Management Definitions.
To keep updated as we add new talent management articles, white papers and tips, don’t forget to register to receive our newsletter.
Draws together our thoughts, observations and experience.
- Continuous Performance Management – and how to get started – eBook that guides you through the steps to take when getting started with Continuous Performance Management
- The Ultimate Guide to Succession Planning – eBook that shows how to make talent reviews and succession planning more effective
- Driving Cultural Change through Performance Management – eBook that shows how your approach to performance review can change culture in an organisation
Highlights best practice.
- The Best Practice Guide for Using 360 Feedback – a guide to help you think about how to implement 360 degree feedback
- Developing your Talent Management Strategy: Part 1 – introduces the importance of talent management and suggests how to look at your own organisations talent management strategy
- How your approach to Talent Management can destroy meaningfulness at work – considers the 7 sins of meaninglessness and looks at how to avoid these through an organisation’s talent management approach
- Employee Engagement: what the analytics need to tell us
- Justifying Spend on Talent Management – summary of the Head Light research into how ROI is measure for 360 and performance reviews
- Talent Management & Engagement: enabling employees to offer more capability and potential
Talent management articles in which we share our thinking.
360 Degree feedback
- Go beyond development when using 360 degree feedback – looks at how 360 can spot high potential and be of use within a performance review
- 360 for High Stakes Review – explores the contribution 360 can make to performance management, succession planning and selection for promotion
- Four deadly mistakes of 360 degree feedback – areas to avoid when embedding 360 degree feedback
- Harnessing the Hawthorne Effect – explores the uplift in performance following planned and directed development actions
- Making sense of 360 – introduces Head Light’s PAPU-NANU
- Maximising ROI on 360 – how to get high quality feedback
- Ready for 360? Think again – a short checklist of the main considerations when introducing 360
- The Impact of Feedback – examines the role and contribution that feedback can make to the development of both individual and organisational capability
- Understanding High Potential – how to spot talent within your people
- Addressing the challenges of Performance Management – looks at 7 key challenges and how to meet these
- Appraisals undervalued? Then calculate the ROI – a walk through how to calculate ROI on performance management
- Getting Performance Appraisal Right – the considerations for effective performance management
- Performance Management learning from neuroscience – learnings from neuroscience to improve Performance Management
- Is succession planning read for take off? – how can we look at succession planning given the way in which people view their own careers?
- Successful Succession Planning – gathers together our thinking on the importance of succession planning
- Bringing Competencies to life – looks at how to refresh, update and reinvigorate your competency framework
- Career Pathways: we have an App for that – highlights the shortfall of traditional career mapping and looks at how Talent Navigator can help
- Competency Frameworks as a foundation for successful Talent Management – how to identify key competencies and measure these
- Fair Talent Management – reflects on the concept of fairness and its impact on motivation, engagement and performance
- Lessons from marketing: Talent as customers – treating our talented people as we treat our customers and clients
- The Importance of Personal Resilience – reflects on the characteristics of elite performers and offers a selection of indicators for a Personal Resilience Competency
- Why don’t employee engagement surveys work? – our thoughts on what goes wrong after carrying out an employee survey
- Your HR Processes Exposed: Cultural Impact – challenges thinking around current HR processes and to think more flexibly and creatively about how they are done and how they can support organisational culture
Practical tips and ideas.
- Competency Framework: ten lessons learned – tips to bear in mind when developing a competency framework
- Guide to Writing a Business case – supports the writing of a business case for the area of talent management
- HR Project Implementation Health Check – offers a way to look at areas leading to successful project implementation
- Make the benefits of Performance Management a reality – offers a nine-step approach to help realise the benefits effective management can bring
- Ten Actions to Increase Employee Engagement – ideas to develop employee engagement in yourself, as a manager and an organisation
- Questions to ask of your Talent Management Supplier – offers questions you can pose to vendors of Talent Management software
Accessible and practical tools you can use straightaway.
- 360 Keys and Eyes – looks at how to get the most out of a competency framework in the context of 360 feedback
- 360 Keys to Success – key learning points from designing, implementing, interpreting and giving feedback on 360 degree review programmes
- Feedback session question prompts – provides ideas to start discussion around 360 feedback
- How to facilitate 360 feedback when you’re not face-to-face
- Open-ended Questions – helping you to select some open-ended questions for a 360 questionnaire
- Review Scales Tool – gives guidance on how to select the best scales in review settings
- Selecting Feedback Providers – aimed at helping 360 participants and their Managers or Moderators decide whom to invite for feedback
- The Performance Management Revolution – 5 fundamentals
- Are you ready for Succession Planning? – a short audit for you to use within your organisation
How our clients use Talent Cloud®
- British Transport Police – Informing the development of future leaders
- Hertfordshire Constabulary – Identifying leadership potential
- Horsham District Council – Fostering a new way of working within Horsham District Council
- McDonald’s – Reinventing Succession Planning and enabled enhanced career conversations
- MeetingZone – Aligning individuals’ goals with those of the business
- Merging organisations: the role of 360
- Muñoz Group in the UK – Taking action with employee engagement
- Muñoz Group in the UK – Introducing continuous performance management
- Performance Management within a financial services organisation
- Progress International – Winning more business with a more competitive 360 service offering
- Ramsay Health Care – Identify, assess and develop future leaders
- Thames Valley Police – Implementing online Performance review and PDR
- Thames Valley Police – Developing authentic leadership
- Travis Perkins – Identifying talent from within
- Travis Perkins – Supporting aspiring branch managers
- West Midlands Councils – Developing aspiring leaders across organisations
If you haven’t found quite what you’re looking for, feel free to contact us for more information.
Sign up to our newsletter for all the updates