Career path mapping to help career conversations
Talent Navigator gives organisations the ability to provide employees with an interactive career development process to help them create their own meaningful career paths based on their aspirations, interests and strengths.
Creating these paths, and being able to explore the impact of difference routes, provides a key input to actionable career conversations with their manager. This helps to engage your employees in their future in your organisation. Talent Navigator also enables employees to review any skill gaps and identify relevant learning experiences to help them prepare for their next role.
This is systematic approach to career development providing a framework to help employees map multiple career path scenarios, review role competencies and assess next steps. It puts your employees in control of their destiny and makes them accountable for their own development.
Help managers to have career conversations
It can be tricky for managers to have career conversations with their teams about progression in the organisation. Often managers know that they need and want to have such conversations – but they just don’t have the data to prepare for this. Read more >>
Career mapping for career planning
There are two kinds of career mapping; a pro forma career map showing how the organisation wants people to progress. The other builds on data about how and how quickly people move through roles to reveal the pathways people actually take. Read more >>
Talent Navigator Summary Features
- Multi-lingual interface and preferred language settings
- Create Skills, Capability, Qualification Frameworks
- Administrator to ‘connect’ roles together using progressions
- Role profiles can include ‘Day in the Life’ free text in html
- Ability to search for and create favourite roles
- Ability to store career paths created using Path Finder and/or Path Builder tools
- Ability to show overall summary information that allows the comparison of different paths
- End-user functionality to edit an About Me skill profile
- Reports include summary usage, average number of career paths, most common favourite roles etc
Get in touch for a full feature listing.
Using this career path mapping software will:
- Encourage your managers to have more focussed development planning and career conversations based on real information
- Show employees the possible routes and unseen career opportunities
- Enhance internal mobility
- Give your employees greater accountability for their own career development
- Create greater cross divisional and functional working]
- Encourage broader skill sets, experiences and perspectives
- Offer ‘pools’ of labour for Succession Planning
- Provide the basis for an Academy to develop higher performance within a specific function (e.g. Sales)
Watch our Talent Navigator videos
Book a Talent Navigator Demo
We’d love to explore with you how our online career planning software may support you – and we can do this by taking you through a demonstration.
Please complete the form and we’ll get back to you to confirm and send you details.
In summary, Talent Navigator will:
- Help your employees to take responsibility for their own career planning within your organisation
- Take the pressure away from line managers and HR to map out career paths
- Incorporate your own organisation’s typical routes and competencies
- Flag areas for development and training to the employee based on the career path
- Let employees try out different career paths in a confidential environment
- Inform succession plans by uncovering hidden talents and aspirations
Become a partner
The Talent Navigator technology is available to partner organisations that want to make use of its power and flexibility to support their clients’ career planning activities.
Visit our Consulting Partners page for more details.
Sign up to our newsletter for all the updates