What is succession planning?
Succession Planning is the the process through which organisations identify and develop potential future leaders, senior managers or business critical positions. Those succession plans pulled together from various sources are cumbersome to use and soon become out-of-date. Succession planning software changes that.
What are the benefits of succession planning – and succession planning software?
- Minimise business risk
- More accurate planning for the future
- Highlight areas of succession risk
- Offer career paths and development for talent
- Confidence that your data is up-to-date and relevant
- Flags those with potential
- Enables employees to indicate their own career plan thoughts
Want to know more about Succession Planning, Models and Templates?
It takes you through the critical activities of defining the critical roles, identifying high potential, and managing the talent pool through succession planning talent review meetings. You can request your copy to be sent straight to your inbox.
Succession planning software: providing a strategic line of sight
Talent Successor is online succession planning software like nothing else. It helps you to embed succession planning throughout your organisation, ensure a continuity of talent and enable meaningful career conversations to take place.
Talent Successor gives you a strategic ‘line of sight’ for key people in your organisation – where they are today and where they could be. You’ll be able to build specific talent pools and see where the gaps are between current capabilities and those needed in the future. You will be able to answer key talent questions asked of you by your Board or in Talent Review meetings relating to succession planning. You’ll be able to build succession plans that are robust and realistic.
How online succession planning software supports your organisation
- Identify high potential and map their progress
- Support meaningful career conversations
- Build talent pools for ‘at risk’ posts and vacancies
- Inform Succession Planning Talent Review meetings
- Let employees identify themselves for progression
- Uncover employees with experience and skills for specific roles
- Learn what development is still needed to ensure delivery of the succession plan
- Monitor progress of succession plans
What goes into a succession planning template?
If you’re ready to get started with succession planning, but not sure what model to adopt or template to use, read our blog on this and then get in touch to see some examples. Read more >>
Using a 9 Box Grid: an invaluable tool for succession planning
How do you get an overview of the performance and potential ratings of your current talent pool? A 9 Box Grid – or Performance / Potential Grid – lets you do this. Just make sure your succession planning software generates these for you! Read more >>
How to improve succession planning
You may have dabbled in succession planning – but not seeing the benefits or still not getting to where you would like to be. Take a look at these suggestions and rethink your succession planning software. Read more >>
Reinventing Succession Planning at McDonald’s
McDonald’s has moved away from a paper- and spreadsheet-based talent management approach and deployed Talent Successor to capture career aspirations, support career conversations and manage succession and talent risk. Read more >>
Talent Successor Summary Features
- Multi-lingual interface and preferred language settings
- Create Skills, Capability, Qualification Frameworks
- Organisation chart display of team structure including succession status, potential, flight risk, span
- Create Talent Pools to succeed person, role, vacancy, other
- Percentage match against role profile for each member of a Talent Pool
- Gap Analysis from Talent Pool
- End-user functionality to edit an About Me skill profiles, with Manager ‘verification’
- Administrator/Manager/HR Business Partner access to extended items (talent category, flight risk, potential rating)
- End-user can specify future roles
- Managers can specify future roles with time frame
- To create a grid showing users plotted against a performance and potential axes, including within grid positioning for flight risk and readiness
- Extensive Search, Alerts, Reporting, Benchmarking and exports
Get in touch for a full feature listing.
Ready for the next step? Schedule a demo of our online Succession Planning tool, or learn more by reading our product flyer.
Watch our Talent Successor videos
See how Talent Successor
supports the talent review
a new model - One
Hear about the latest
research and thinking on
talent and the implications
for succession planning
a new model - Two
Continues to explore how
talent views their career and
the impact this has on
Book a Talent Successor Demo
We’d love to explore with you how our online succession planning software may support you – and we can do this by taking you through a demonstration.
Please complete the form and we’ll get back to you to confirm and send you details.
In summary, Talent Successor:
- Gives a strategic ‘line of sight’ for key people in your organisation – where they are today and where they could be.
- Lets you build specific talent pools and to see where the gaps are between current capabilities and those needed in the future.
- Uncovers employees with experience and skills for specific roles.
- Answers key talent questions asked of you by your Board relating to succession planning.
- Monitors progress of succession plans.
Become a partner
The Talent Successor technology is available to partner organisations that want to make use of its power and flexibility to run succession planning software for their clients.
Visit our Consulting Partners page for more details.
Sign up to our newsletter for all the updates